A piece of news is coming into the headlines that Police have achieved success in the murder case of Babita Deokaran who passed away after some people gunned her car with many bullets while she was inside the car at that time. As per the sources, seven people have been arrested after the incident. Johannesburg Police investigating the whole matter and also questions the culprits who have been arrested in connection with the murder of Babita Deokaran who was the Gauteng health department official. Through this article, we have brought all the details related to the matter.
Who is Babita Deokaran?
According to the reports, The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation hailed the seize of seven people who are connected to the Babita Deokaran’s murder case. The foundation also wished the investigators to seize those too who have ordered the people to kill the officer. On Friday, Colonel Brenda Muridili from the National police stated that seven people whose age is between 24 and 31 had already been arrested on the charges of murdered Babita Deokaran. She also added that two guns and two cars have also seized that were found during the investigation.
Babita Deokaran Murder Case Accused Arrested
On Monday, Babita was just reached outside of her house after dropping her child off at the school when she was attacked by some people who gunned down her car badly. She was inside her car when she was shot. Babita Deokaran was 53 and was serving at the Gauteng Department of Health as the chief director of the financial accountant. After that, she was taken to the hospital immediately but she died due to her serious injuries.
Deokaran’s brother-in-law, Bishop Tony Haripersadh said that someone wanted to silence her because she was one of those who always stand for the right things. His family stated, “She stood for what was right and she was not afraid. Our dear sister died a noblewoman; our family salutes her. All we want now is justice and for the perpetrators to be brought to book.”
The spokesperson passed a statement in which she said that the murder case was lodged by Mondeor Police Station and has been transferred to the Provincial Head Office for further investigation by the Serious and Violent Crimes Unit. Commissioner General of Police Khela Sitole hailed the seize of the culprits and lauded the success of the investigation team in the case. He stated, “I am confident that the Hawks will work tirelessly to ensure that justice is served.” That’s all we have now about the case, if we get any update related to this matter, will let you know on the same page.