There has been a case of fire in Washington, evacuations have been ordered when we talk about downtown Puyallup which was due to the 3 alarm commercial fire which was at a cold storage facility and this took place on Saturday in the morning. the responders are pretty concerned about the toxic fumes and also about the risk of fire which can cause a large explosion, it has been stated by the Central pierce fire, there are hundreds of firefighters who have responded to the situation in Washington.
Puyallup Fire Today
the location is 240 15ht Street SE, it has been stated by the Puyallup Police, the residents who are within the 1.1 miles from the burning location need to evacuate immediately. Darrin Shaw who is the fire department has stated, the building is containing 1000 pounds of anhydrous ammonia which is used for refrigeration, it has also been stated by the centre of prevention and disease control, anhydrous ammonia is a colourless gas or you can also call it as a liquid which can be the reason for facing breathing difficulties, blisters, burns and it can be pretty fatal if it is breathed in high concentrations.
Police have made reverse 911 call to the public, the officers are going by the neighbourhood to inform the citizens to evacuate their homes, for now, there is no stated estimated time for the evacuations to end. the police have stated, if the citizen’s home is within the red circle when we talk about the evacuation map, people need to evacuate because of the burning scenario nearby.
There are several roads that have been closed down in the area which includes the section of E. Main Ave and E. Pioneer, it is being seen that the city is updating an interactive dashboard with up to date evacuation areas and road closures.
There was an update at 9:00 am, Shaw stated the fire is still going on and he gave advice to the citizens not to come and see what is going on as it was not all safe for the people to be near the location as the gas can be pretty harmful if it consumed by anyone so stay out of trouble. there has been an evacuation shelter which has been set up in the Nazarene Church which is located at 1027 7th Ave SW and it has also been stated any person who requires emergency services needs to call on 253-864-4170.