The OTT platforms have flourished immensely in this lockdown. There are many shows and movies which got released during the lockdown period and people loved watching those. These movies and series kept people entertained and busy. As the pandemic is still prevailing many directors have decided to release their movies or series on these OTT platforms. Not only this, but people are also even accepting this new normal and are fine with enjoying their movies at home with their families. The shows releasing on these platforms are getting a good response from the audience as well.
Crime thrillers have taken place in India as well. The trend started with Mirzapur and now has gained some craze among the audience. When Mirzapur released people loved the show and it became the first Indian original crime thriller show on Amazon Prime Video. Now there are various Indian originals that are performing well on the OTT platforms and getting a good response from the audience as well as the critics.
Recently a variety of crime thriller shows released on various platforms and people have binged-watched all of them. Talking about the most recent is the show named Aarya on Disney+ Hotstar. The genre started with Mirzapur has now given us great crime thriller shows. How many of you have watched Paatal Lok? Pretty sure most of you who are reading this article must have watched the show as the hype was intense.
Mirzapur has a lot of speculations going on with it regarding the release of season 2 of the show. It was supposed to come out in 2020, but as the COVID-19 lockdown was implemented there have been delays in the release of many shows including this one. By the way, it will be so interesting to watch whether Kaleen Bhaiya will return in the second season or not.
So, here we are going to give you a tour through some series which have excelled in the genre of crime thrillers and are worth binge-watching. Also, these shows are Indian originals, so it is a bonus seeing our Indian stars doing some serious business. Here are 7 Indian original shows on Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Voot, and Zee5.
- AARYA- Disney+ Hotstar: Disney+ Hotstar had its latest release Aarya. Starring Sushmita Sen, the series is based on a Dutch drama series Penoza. The series by Pieter Bart Korthuis unfolds the story of a wife and mother. The wife takes charge of the business of her dead husband. The husband uses to run a drug cartel and the wife tries to tie the loose ends of the knot. But here in our Indian version of the show, there is a twist. The lead actress which is Sushmita Sen finds out that her husband was a good guy and the reason behind all her miseries is her own father and her brother. Sushmit is making a comeback in acting with this new series and literally, she dons her role. A well-deserved comeback definitely.
- RANGBAAZ- Zee5: Rangbaaz is a real-life story of a gangster. The gangster fells in the crack of the society and rise to power breaking the social norms and rules. The show features Saqib Saleem as the lead. A life-changing story of a student walking his journey to becoming a mobster and making his way through the ruthless politics. Some pivotal roles also feature Ranvir Shorey, Tigmanshu Dhulia, and Ravi Kishan.
- ASUR- Voot: Asur is an intense cat and mouse chase between the criminal and the police. The show marks the OTT debut of Arshad Warsi. The show is portrayed in a very classic way. Mixing the roots of mythology with crimes and series is a fantastic crime thriller. At least there is just one thing to say about this series, it definitely conveys the message to the audience that there is an Asur in everyone.
- Special OPS- Disney+Hotstar: Disney+ Hotstar has been also releasing some of the great shows. Another show which is worth watching on this platform is Special Ops. Again a great crime thriller, which shows the story of a series of terrorist attacks taking place in India. The show features Kay Kay Menon who is leading the show. The show is created by Neeraj Pandey and is an inspiration from the several missions taking place in India in the past two decades.
- Criminal Justice- Disney+ Hotstar: Crime thrillers are the new in, and it is clearly seen by the number of shows coming in the same genre. Another show which is going to blow your mind and is worth binge-watching is the show Criminal Justice. Starring Vikrant Massey, Pankaj Tripathi, Jackie Shroff, Anupriya Goenka, and Mita Vashisht, the story revolves around sex, drugs, and a one night stand gone wrong. Vikrant who is a cab driver ends up in a one night stand, which again ends up in a murder crime making him the prime suspect. Sounds interesting right? This show is a must-watch.
- Breathe – Amazon Prime Video: Pretty intense shows have been releasing lately, one of them is Breathe. The series shows the relationship between a father and a son. Unfortunately, the son is suffering from a disease and needs an organ transplant as soon as possible. The father who failed in finding a donor for his son is now ready to go to whatever extent he save his son. A solid rush of emotions is going to take place while watching this show. Season 2 of this series was supposed to be released around the same time as Mirzapur, but due to the lockdown,n it is kept on hold.
- Hostages: Disney+ Hotstar: Hostages is a story of a surgeon’s family who has been held as a hostage. The interesting part about the series comes next the surgeon is supposed to operate a surgery on the Chief Minister, a person who saves lives is now ordered to take a life in order to save her family. The show is full of dilemmas between wrong and right. The confusion between what comes first family or the oath to protect lives is interesting to watch. The show is a remake of an Israeli series starring Tisca Chopra, Ronit Roy, and Parvin Das in lead roles.
Various shows have been streaming on these platforms right now These are just some which we thought might be binge-watching. With the OTT platform trending, there are many stars who have been making their debut on this platform as it looks like a great opportunity right now. Do watch these series as they are worth binge-watching.