Chicken Class Action Lawsuit: A piece of news is coming into the headlines from the US which is getting huge attention from the people. The news is that all the buyers in the US who purchased the chicken products in the US between 01 January 2009 to 31 December 2020, can be appropriate to claim payment in a $181 million class-action lawsuit including many poultry producers in the country. This news has created a huge buzz in the United States. Several people have started searching for this lawsuit online and want to know the whole matter. In this article, you will get all details about the lawsuit and more.
Chicken Class Action Lawsuit
As per the legal notice that is issued by Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll, PLLC, and Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a court hearing will be scheduled to resolve whether to accept the settlements before any amount is paid. Now, we will tell you the meaning of the Lawsuit. A new legal notice, approved by the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, stated a settlement of $181 million was settled with the defendants in “A Class Action Antitrust Lawsuit” lodged on behalf of the plaintiffs. All the defendants who are involved in the settlements have refused all allegations of illegal work in the lawsuit.
An official website has been assigned for this case which is overseen by the co-lead counsel in the lawsuit, described, “Defendants and their co-conspirators conspired to restrict the supply of, and fix, raise, and stabilize the price of chicken, as of January 1, 2009, in violation of federal and state consumer and antitrust laws.”
Which Companies Are Involved in the Lawsuit?
There are two types of defendants are involved in the lawsuit that is highlighted in the legal notice. The lists of the defendants are given below;
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (“Pilgrim’s”)
- George’s Inc. and George’s Farms, Inc. (“George’s”)
- Fieldale Farms Corporation (“Fieldale”)
- Tyson Foods, Inc., Tyson Chicken, Inc., Tyson Breeders, Inc., and Tyson Poultry, Inc. (“Tyson”)
- Peco Foods, Inc. (“Peco”)
- O.K. Foods, Inc., O.K. Farms, Inc., and O.K. Industries, Inc.
- Harrison Poultry, Inc. and House of Raeford Farms, Inc.
- Mountaire Farms, Inc., Mountaire Farms, LLC, and Mountaire Farms of Delaware, Inc.
- Perdue Farms, Inc. and Perdue Foods LLC
- Foster Farms, LLC and Foster Poultry Farms
- Simmons Foods, Inc. and Simmons Prepared Foods, Inc.
- Wayne Farms, LLC
- JCG Foods of Alabama, LLC, JCG Foods of Georgia, LLC, Koch Foods, Inc., and Koch Meats Co., Inc.
As per the instructions mentioned on the website, maybe Unsettled Defendants point to individual settlement, class certification orders, or judgments. There is an individual notice that highlights the improvement of the trial and any settlements of claims against any other Unsettled Defendants will be sent to those whom it registers. Stay tuned with us for more updates.