Canada Temporary Foreign Workers: Recently, Canada has released some measures for Canadian workers as labor shortages have been seen in different sectors. And rise in the job applicants. These measures were announced on April 4 discussing in detail. Canada is still experiencing a low unemployment rate and high job vacancies at the same time. One solution to address labor shortages is to bring in temporary foreign workers to fill jobs where there are no Canadians available to do the work. The changes which have been made will come under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). Follow More Update On GetIndiaNews.com
Canada Temporary Foreign Workers
Following are the five major changes that have been made:
- Labour Market Impact Assessments: LMIAs will now be valid for 18 months, up from nine months previously. LMIAs are documentation that shows the Canadian government that hiring a foreign worker will not have a detrimental impact on the labor market. LMIAs were only good for six months before the outbreak.
- Additionally, the maximum length of employment for High-Wage and Global Talent Stream employees will be increased from two to three years. Workers will be able to qualify for more pathways to permanent residency as a result of this extension, allowing them to contribute to the Canadian workforce in the long run.
- LMIAs are expected to be more prevalent in the future. In addition, the Seasonal Cap Exemption, which has been in effect since 2015, will be made permanent. Employers in seasonal industries will be able to fill an unlimited number of low-wage posts under the TFWP. These positions will have a maximum tenure of 270 days per year, up from 180 days currently.
- Now the labor will be hired up to 30% of their workforce through the TFWP for low wage positions for one year. Other sectors like food manufacturing, accommodation, furniture, and wood product manufacturing will also be applicable to it.
- Now Canada will close the policy of LMIA applications for low-wage occupations in the accommodation, food services, and trade sectors in different regions. If the above points will apply in the order then chances are ninety percent of labor problems will solve towards the labor. If it doesn’t, then they have to make new ones. If the problems of the labor will solve then no need of creating any other rules. Only one thing to do and that is constantly improving in their rules. Let’s see what will happen.